Author: admin

 Holy Family Primary School officially opened its doors on 1st September 1992. Its inception was the direct result of the amalgamation of the town’s two single gender Catholic primary schools, St. Mary’s Primary School for girls and St. Joseph’s Primary School for boys. The new...

 St Pius X College History  St Pius X School began, in 1960, with the purchase of six acres of land, at a cost of £5,000, by Canon Mark Quinn, Parish Priest of Magherafelt. The building of the school commenced in 1962 and opened for 300...

The History of St. Mary’s Grammar School, Magherafelt The school was founded in 1927 by Monsignor John Ward, Parish Priest of Magherafelt, to provide secondary education for Catholic girls of the area under the direction of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Bordeaux. Ten...